Kingsbridge Private Hospital is making it easier for you to take control of your cardiac health with our cardiology specialists.
Are you concerned about your cardiovascular health?
In Northern Ireland cardiovascular disease remains one of the most significant causes of death. In 2011 28% of all deaths were caused by cardiovascular disease, almost 4000 people. This figure was almost as high as deaths caused by cancer (29%).
Things you can do:
Certain behaviours have been shown to increase the risk for coronary heart disease. You can reduce your risk by doing the following:
- Stop smoking – smokers are more than twice as likely to have a heart attack
- Eat a balanced diet
- Be physically active – even a short daily walk is beneficial
- Moderate your alcohol consumption
- Try to use relaxation techniques to reduce chronic stress
There are certain medical risk factors which require more intensive investigation and management.
- Raised cholesterol (LDH)
- Raised blood pressure
We can offer you the opportunity to have your heart disease risk assessed in Belfast by our Cardiology Specialists. We have developed a Healthy Heart Assessment with our Consultant Cardiologists and cardiology team for those wishing to obtain an overall view of their cardiac health at our five star medical facilities in Belfast. This service includes an examination by Consultant Cardiology specialists, medical history, blood tests and cardiovascular risk assessment.
Alternatively you may choose to access each service at our private cardiology clinic in Belfast, on an individual basis. To compliment your cardiac consultation with our private cardiologist, we offer direct access to a comprehensive range of cardiac investigations, including:
- Echocardiography is an ultrasound examination performed by our team of Clinical Physiologists providing accurate images of the heart muscle, chambers and the heart valves to aid the diagnosis of heart disease.
- Treadmill or Exercise Stress testing is a diagnostic tool available at our clinic in Northern Ireland and is used to assess the presence of coronary artery disease or ECG and blood pressure response to exercise, and is offered as part of 3fivetwo cardiac services.
- Cardiac CT is an imaging test that uses CT technology to visualise the heart anatomy, coronary circulation, and great vessels.
- Cardiac Event monitoring is used to continuously monitor your heart rhythm over a time period of 24 hours or more and may help to correlate your symptoms and diagnose abnormal rhythms.
- CT calcium scoring & CT cardiac angiography (if clinically indicated)
Other cardiology services at our clinic in Belfast include:
- Pre-Participation Cardiac Sports Screening - Kingsbridge Private Hospital has been involved in cardiac risk assessment for the last 3 years in various areas of sport and commerce including screening of numerous IFA clubs for the UEFA licence.
- Foetal & Paediatric Cardiology - our Private Antenatal Care packages routinely provides access to experienced Consultant Paediatric Cardiologists who will provide support, information and advice on treatment options to any family whose baby or child may have a heart condition. This service is also available as a standalone appointment.
At Kingsbridge Private Hospital we can treat and diagnose a variety of heart conditions in Belfast and offer a wide range of cardiac services. Contact us for more information.
Belfast Telegraph - Cardiac Screening - GAA steps up its efforts to protect players
If you would like to book an appointment or require further information on the options available to you, please do not hesitate to contact our private patient booking team on the details above.