When chronic pain starts to compromise your lifestyle, Kingsbridge Private Hospital are here to help.
We provide an extensive pain management service that generally benefits from a multidisciplinary approach including:
- Pharmacological measures (analgesics and pain modifying drug therapies),
- Non-pharmacological measures (such as interventional procedures, physical therapy and physical exercise, application of ice and/or heat)
- Psychological measures (such as cognitive therapy).
A consultation with a pain management consultant at Kingsbridge Private Hospital in Belfast will include:
- History and review of previous treatment
- Physical examination
- Evaluation of pain condition
- Development of a comprehensive, individualised treatment management plan
We offer a full range of diagnostic tests to aid your consultant in the development of your treatment plan, including:
- Blood Tests
- Ultrasound scan
- CT Scanning
Should your consultant recommend a procedure or an injection to treat your condition, Kingsbridge Private Hospital in Belfast can facilitate your needs. We offer numerous types of injections and procedures including:
- Steroid injection
- Epidural steroid injection
- Facet joint injection
- Neurolytic blocks
- Insertion of spinal cord stimulators
Pain Management Workshop
This workshop is run by Dr John O’Hanlon, a Pain Consultant and lead clinician for the Chronic Pain Department in the Belfast Trust and Dr Jenny Maguire, a Consultant Clinical Psychologist in the South Eastern Trust offers help and guidance on living with and managing pain.
Pain Clinic at Kingsbridge Private Hospital Sligo
At the initial consultation, we identify the most appropriate treatment plan. A wide range of treatments are available including:
- – Nerve Blocks
- – Spinal & Epidural Anaesthesia
- – Muscle Injections
- – Ligament Injections
- – Bursa Injections
- – Joint Injections
- – Pain Control Injection by Ultrasound
For more information on treatments available at Kingsbridge Private Hospital Sligo please contact the Pain Clinic on 071- 9162649
Referral & Appointments
Access to the service is by referral from a GP, Physician or Physiotherapist only.
We request that a letter of referral along with all other relevant records be forwarded to your Consultant prior to the initial appointment.