Treat Your Someone Special This Valentines
Treat your special someone this Valentines Day and delve your taste buds into this flourless chocolate cake from our Kingsbridge Kitchen Recipe Book.
Our Chocolate Torte is rich in flavour with a silky-smooth texture. Enjoy alongside some crushed hazelnuts and a scoop of vanilla cream, however this recipe can be easily adapted to different tastes, toppings, and flavours.
50 g butter
200g bourbon creams
250g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
250ml double cream
10ml rapseed oil
10g icing sugar
1 vanilla pod (just the scraped seeds)
150g double cream
THIS TART CAN BE DONE THE DAY BEFORE
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the hazelnuts on to a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5 mins then let them cool.
- Put the biscuits and 50g of the hazelnuts into a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter and add to the biscuit mix.
- Press the mix into a 23cm diameter tart tin. I find using a dessert spoon is good for pushing the mix into the grooves of the tin.
- Place the tin on a flat baking tray and bake for 5 mins in the pre heated oven then set aside to cool.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- When the chocolate is melted take it off the heat and whick in 250ml of cream then whisk in the rapeseed oil until it is all fully combined and glossy.
- Pour the ganache into the tart case and level it out, place in the fridge to set.
- Take the tart out of the fridge 1 hour before serving to let the ganache soften a little.
- For the vanilla cream whick the cream to soft peaks, add the sugar and the vanilla and give it a whick to combine. Chop the remaining hazelnuts and serve the vanilla cream.