Pan Fried Hake, Courgette, Parsley & Lemon Potatoes with Salsa Verde
Hake is a fantastic source of lean protein which will keep hunger at bay. Served alongside a variety of anti-inflammatory ingredients such as parsley, garlic and lemon.
500g hake loin skin on (get your fishmonger to portion it into 4)
500g baby boil potatoes
30g flat leaf parsley
50ml rapeseed oil salt and pepper
2 garlic (crushed)
5 fillets anchovies (in brine)
25g wholegrain mustard
25ml white wine vinegar
50ml rapeseed oil
• Place all the ingredients except the oil into a food processor and blitz making sure to scrape down the sides.
• Add the oil and blitz to combine, season with salt and pepper and cover.
• Chop the parsley and zest the lemon, mix with a little rapeseed oil and set aside.
• Boil the potatoes.
• Heat a griddle pan over a high heat.
• Slice the courgette diagonally and toss in a little rapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper.
• Lightly char on both sides and set aside.
• Briefly rinse the hake under cold water and dry well.
• Heat 10ml of rapeseed oil in a large non-stick pan.
• Season the hake on both sides.
• Cook for 4 mins skin side down (don’t be tempted to turn it too early).
• Flip over and cook for a further 2 mins.